I have several things that I’ve been wanting to write further about here, but I just haven’t had the brainpower (something about pregnancy does that to me) to sit down and delve too deeply into the subjects. Instead, I thought I’d just link to the articles here for your own perusal. Please share your thoughts in the comments!
- In the obvious news department, obesity is not only bad for us, but it is costing us lots of money. A particularly eye-opening fact for me: “Cars are burning nearly a billion gallons of gasoline more a year than if passengers weighed what they did in 1960.”
- The debate over the renewal of the farm bill is heating up. Bookmark this website to keep abreast of what we consumers need to know and do.
- I liked this list for us local “conscientious omnivores.” What spots would you add? I would add The Local, Pizzology, Uptown Cafe (serves local pork and their biscuits and sausage gravy are to.die.for), Twenty Tap, and Zest off-the-top-of-my-head.
- Why you should be worried about the mad cow case in California.
- Neat opportunity to bring awareness to the injustices imposed on farm laborers