I’ve been slacking on the blogging – this beautiful fall weather has me enjoying every minute outside because I know winter’s dreariness will be here before I know it, leaving me longing for the sunshine and outdoors.
I haven’t been totally forsaking the garden and kitchen though. We had our annual Oktoberfest/Loving South Africa party last weekend, which I spent much of the week in the kitchen preparing for. We cleaned up our garden and planted some fall and cover crops. We’ve made several trips to the farmer’s markets for fruits and vegetables to put up for the winter ahead. I’ll have more on all of that soon. In the meantime, I thought I would share some Fall recipes that I’ve bookmarked lately…
- I looove cinnamon rolls, and I think I need to find some kind of occasion soon to make these…anyone want to volunteer their birthday?
- Some of our family is going out of town for Thanksgiving, so I’m thinking about hosting a Thanksgiving-themed brunch before they leave. I think pumpkin spice waffles would be a perfect addition to the menu!
- I host Thanksgiving for our small group. I’ve already been collecting recipes. I’m going to make this next week for Meatless Monday to see if it is worthy of Small Group Thanksgiving. I’ll keep you posted.
- Butternut squash fries?
- I need some new butternut recipes. I get stuck on the soup. This Mexican-ish variation looks delicious. Plus, the squash is charbroiled, which would be an adventure (vegan too!).
- Grant loves the pumpkin spice latte, so I think I’ll surprise him with one of these one day when the weather turns cooler again. Plus, I can make it with raw honey and his favorite Kona blend!
- Of course, I’ve been making lots of soups and stews and other warm weather food…recipes are coming!
What have you been cooking?