Every day is Earth day, right? But since I do love Earth Day so much, I like to celebrate it all week long. Yesterday, I shared some stuff to read related to environmental stewardship; today I thought I’d share some things to DO related to caring for creation:
- Garden (come back for more getting-started resources on this one later in the week): whether you have space for one small pot or a backyard just dying to be converted into a vegetable garden, gardening is one of the best ways for you to begin caring for God’s creation (including your own health too, of course!). And while you’re at it, plant a row for the hungry and donate your extras to the Grace Care Center Choice Pantry.
- Go for a walk – on a local trail, at a local park, in your neighborhood. Get outside and enjoy God’s creation wherever you find it.
- Ditch the chemicals (or ditch the lawn altogether)
- Get rid of single-use items (paper towels, paper napkins, disposable silverware, etc.)
- Volunteer at your local animal shelter
- You’re already recycling and reducing, so spread the word to friends, families and neighbors
- Join a CSA (check out the upcoming informational meeting for Victory Acres if you’re still looking for a CSA)
- Volunteer with local conservation organizations like the Central Indiana Land Trust, your city’s park department, and Keep Indianapolis Beautiful to name a few!
- And join the Grace Creation Care ministry if you haven’t already – we need you!
Add your suggestions below!