How annoying is it trying to clean your refrigerator’s water dispenser tray after all that build up takes place? Let me answer with my opinion: “super annoying.” I tried scrubbing ours with every type of soap and brush we had, and nothing worked. And then I remembered how much fun we had here on SBTS when we discussed good ol’ white vinegar as an all-natural household cleaning solution and put it to the test in this situation. As the pictures show, it cut right through the funk and made our fridge water tray and dispenser area look brand new again.
Follow these simple steps to revive your water dispenser tray:
- Fill a container with ½ warm tap water and ½ white vinegar
- Remove the water dispenser tray from your refrigerator and place in the filled container – allow to soak overnight
- After 24 hours, take a soft brush (like one you would use to clean the dishes) and scrape off the muck on the tray that was soaking in water/vinegar container
To clean the area the refrigerator door’s tray area:
- Fold up a sheet or two of paper towel or a wash cloth and place in water/vinegar mix
- Take the wet paper towel/wash cloth and rest it on the tray edges inside the refrigerator’s dispenser area to cut through the remaining water spots
- After 24 hours, wash the remaining residue off the refrigerator area with the paper towel/wash cloth that was soaking there
By following these instructions, I hope you save yourself from the frustration of trying to scrub off that nasty residue from your water tray and then enjoy a refrigerator that looks new again!